Friday, June 15, 2007

TGIF! Need advice on blog transition please!

Anyone have an Orlando vacation rental I can use for free?!!? I would love to take off to the land of make believe and visit Disney World right about now.

It's been one of those weeks and I could use some hugs! Family drama + moving to the new blog, and did I say family drama? Both have taken their toll! But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully I will be there soon.

Would love advice on what to do with this blog next though. I have already copied over most of the pertinent "problogger" related posts to the new blog, but would like to kind of keep this one going as well, but obiously not have it duplicate the others content, so I am not quite sure what to do. Not quite ready to "launch" the new one officially yet, still have to play with the widgets over there.

Seems most people just let their Blogger blog fizzle out with a redirect type of post to the new blog address tacked at the top. Keeping it going seems complicated in several ways, it seems easier to let it fizzle out and cut ties with it as far as posting anything new here.......any thoughts?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think fizzle out is about the best choice, but make sure to keep it around for a very long time.

My old blogger spot is now down there in my profile as SPACE. Aaaahhhh, but it is necessary as well for when I leave comments on blogger sites. This is where my visitors come through.

My site has been changed over since October. I left all my content for 4 months I then deleted it all there....it is tranferred over though. I then deleted it all on blogger and just put that one post.

Michelle said...

Hi- Thanks for stopping by & giving me the tip about Google not liking duplicate material & effecting page rank. I definitely don't want that to happen to me.

When oneofakindwis.com first launched- if you typed in One of Kind Wisconsin in Google, I was probably 20 pages deep behind one of a kind jewelery, clothes, etc from Wisconsin retailers, now I am on page one, edging towards the top. I really want to keep Google happy now... LOL

So hopefully other new bloggers will see the warning in my comments over there. I kept my blogspot up for people who click next blog & because Smart Not Cheap has a lot of traffic (there are lots of thrifty folks) and they tend to hit my blogger site, instead of my wordpress .com. Thanks you saved me a major HEADACHE - down the road.