Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tutoring Help

My oldest daughter started middle school last year in 6th grade. She struggled quite a bit juggling 5 teachers a day and different teaching methods and homework requirements. We credited a lot of her struggles with it being her first year in middle school as well as being one of the youngest in her class and being a bit on the immature side. Hopefully, her grades will improve this year on her own, but we are certainly considering some type of innovative tutor situation such as Score offers if need be. I really like how they try to help while also making learning a positive experience. I also like the idea of having a third party involved when we hit rough patches. I know sometimes I lose patience in trying to explain a new type of math problem because I feel her heart isn't into really trying to solve it. Hopefully, they would be able to get through to her better than me!


0 comments: